Salisbury Laboratories, 206
Ralph Paul Hendrik Sutter
- Instructor/Lecturer, Interactive Media & Game Development
Ralph Sutter is a character artist and animator, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Animation from the New England Institute of Art, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude and with "Highest Honors" in the department.
Two of his student pieces were featured in the 2010 Autodesk Student Entertainment Showreel with other 2010 awards including Animator of the Year, Highest Honors in Animation, and Intellectual Engagement.
His video short "Mime Fight!" won the Best Animation award at AIME in 2010. Ralph Sutter comes to WPI most recently from industry experience as a Medical Animator and 3D Artist at the Visible Body (Argosy Publishing) where he created a wide-range of digital art and animation assets. Other prior work experience of note includes 3D character art created for several indie games in development for Treanor Bros. Animation, character art for Hitpoint Studios' game "Fate 3" and art assets for Turbine's the "Lord of the Rings Online" game.
- 3D Animation
- Digital Sculpting/Character Creation
- Augmented Reality
- Traditional Animation and Art
- BS, New England Institute of Art, 2010
- Autodesk, Student Showreel, 2010
- Best Animation award at AIME (2010)
- AR 2101. 3D MODELING I
- AR 2201. THE ART OF ANIMATION I
- AR 3201. ANIMATION II
- HU 3900. INQUIRY SEMINAR IN HUMANITIES AND ARTS
- HU 3910. PRACTICUM IN HUMANITIES AND ARTS: ANIMATION
- IMGD 204X. CHARACTER RIGGING AND TECHNICAL ANIMATION
- IMGD 2101. 3D MODELING I
- IMGD 2201. THE ART OF ANIMATION I
- IMGD 3201. ANIMATION II
- IMGD 320X. THE ART OF ANIMATION II