The staff of WPI’s Office of Academic Advising for Pre-Professional Programs is committed to helping you succeed. An advisor from the office will meet with you to help design an academic program that fulfills admissions requirements to medical, dental, or veterinary schools, or other professional health programs. Support from your WPI advisor extends throughout your undergraduate years—and beyond.
The following are just a few ways our Academic Advising office can assist you:
- Pre-Health advisors in every academic department help students choose appropriate courses and projects
- Firsthand exposure to a wide variety of medical professions
- Preparation for interviewing and graduate admissions tests
- An active Pre-Health student organization that hosts frequent talks by speakers from the medical professions and fosters a sense of camaraderie with other Pre-Health students
- Unique undergraduate experience, with advanced laboratory research and development.
The Pre-Professional Recommendation Committee aids in the recommendation process to professional schools by working to ensure the strongest letter of recommendation possible for each applicant. This is achieved by interviewing the student, and reviewing individual letters of recommendation submitted to the committee, as well as the applicant’s personal statement, and resume.
For more information regarding the Pre-Professional Recommendation Committee Application Packet, please contact the Office of Academic Advising for Pre-Professional Programs, Daniels Hall 1st Floor, Phone: +1-508-831-5854, email: email@example.com.
M*A*S*H Leaders and Tutors
The M*A*S*H Leaders and Tutors are upperclass students who have been particularly successful in their academic work. Their job is to help you think about what you heard in the class lecture and read in your textbooks, master new concepts, learn new vocabulary, and put ideas into perspective. Learn more…
Mu Sigma Delta is a student-run, faculty-advised club at WPI, committed to assisting students preparing to attend medical, veterinary, or dental school. Mu Sigma Delta serves as a support group to Pre-Health students on the WPI campus, assists students through the rigorous undergraduate years, and helps our graduates become the best medical, veterinary, or dental school applicants possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Test Preparation Books for Loan
The Office of Academic Advising for Pre-Professional Programs has the following books available for you to borrow:
- Dental Admissions Test (DAT)
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
- Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR)