To do prior to arriving on campus:
- Set up your WPI computer account using the PIN you received from the Registrar’s Office. You should receive an email with the information on how to set up your WPI account. Once you receive the pin e-mail you will be able to register for classes.
- Make an appointment with a medical provider well before coming to campus to complete the WPI Immunization Form & Tuberculosis Risk Screening Form*. Once you receive your WPI email and password, you will be able to submit documentation through WPI Health Services Health Portal. You should start submitting your health forms as soon as possible (even if they are incomplete). If we are missing a required piece, you have time to make arrangements prior to arriving on campus.
Please monitor your WPI email. This is where we will notify you if you are missing required documentation.
- If you have any disabilities and are seeking accommodations, fill out an application with the Office of Disability Services*.
- Learn more about LGBT+ Support available on campus.
- Incoming Graduate Students may select housing (if available) beginning on June 5th at 9am through our housing application. They may start searching for off-campus housing prior if interested if you have any questions regarding local Worcester area housing options, please contact the Residential Services Office.
To do during arrival/Orientation period:
- Get your WPI ID card. You must have an ID to check in at orientation.
- Attend Graduate Student Orientation on Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
- Sign up for the WPI Student Health and Accident Insurance. If you choose an alternative plan, make sure you understand what is covered.
- Submit your final transcript to the Graduate Admissions Office. This can be done in person once you arrive on campus.
- Check in with your department. Make sure you have been assigned an academic advisor in your department.
- Off-campus housing
- Secure housing and sign lease (PDF).
- Arrange for utilities (cable/internet, electricity, heat and water) to be connected.
- Arrange for utilities to be connected.*
- If you are a TA, attend TA training.*
- Register your vehicle with Campus Police and obtain a parking permit.
To do during the initial weeks of the semester:
- Meet with your advisor.
- Finalize your Course Schedule before the add/drop deadline.
- Develop your Plan of Study and get it approved by your advisor.
- Make sure you have settled your bill with the Bursar’s Office.
- Health & Wellness Services*
- Pay the WPI Student Health Fee if you wish to receive healthcare on campus (optional and different from required health insurance) at the Bursar’s Office and bring a copy of the record to WPI Health Services at 32 Hackfeld Road.
- If you do not pay the Student Health Fee:
- Take the time to research where the nearest walk in clinic is. Plan ahead so you know where to go when you are feeling ill.
- Obtain a copy of your health insurance card and keep it with you at all times.
- Print your WPI Student Health Insurance card by logging on here.
- Register with the Career Development Center (CDC).