Do you want to know more about startups or even starting your own company?
The Provost’s Office in cooperation with the Office of Technology and Commercialization and the Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship will hold a speaker series over the next six months focused on aspects of startup companies.
What: Starting Up a Company at WPI
When: September 12, 2019, 5-6:30 pm with reception after
Where: Higgins House
Speakers: Todd Keiller, Director of the Office of Technology Commercialization and Donna Levin, Executive Director of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Come listen to these experienced speakers talk about how WPI has increased its innovative startup companies from zero to 18 in the past five years and how you can learn from that success. Discussion will include the following:
- the rules when starting a company at WPI
- some of the issues you should be thinking about when you consider starting a company
- Founder’s Discussion Guide that helps you discuss sensitive issues among founding members
Click here to register.
Future topics in the series include these possibilities:
- Late September – Mass Life Sciences Center Competitive Capital Program
- October – Fireside chat with faculty members who have launched a company or licensed their intellectual property
- November – Public funding sources: SBIR/STTR, State funding, Incubation resources
- January – Seed funding/angel investors
- February – Scaling up beyond the angel round of funding
- March – PracticePoint and life sciences startups
Look out for future dates as they get posted!