- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Inclusion Equity and Affinity Committee, STEM Affinity Group, co-chair, NACE, 2019-2020
- Enrollment Strategies: Connecting Career Services and Admissions (co-author, in press 2019), Cases in Career Services: A Working Guide for Practitioners, NACE
- Transactional to Strategic: Transforming University-Employer Relationships through Career Services (co-author, in press 2019), Cases in Career Services: A Working Guide for Practitioners, NACE
- Commission for Career Services, program proposal reviewer, American College Personnel Association (ACPA), national conference, 2019
- “Technology Trends in Recruiting: Bridging the Gap”, Pre-Conference Workshop, NACE national conference, June 3, 2019, Orlando, FL
- “Career Coaching: Insights and Strategies for Professional Practice”, Career Counselors’ Consortium Northeast, half-day workshop, Northeastern University, March 22, 2019, Boston, MA
- “Careers, Job Search, Resume and Interview Dos and Don’ts”, half-day workshop, Leadership Academy, Council for Community Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Holyoke Community College, March 9, 2019, Holyoke, MA
- Project Inclusion Steering Committee, member, WPI, 2018-2019
- College and University Professional Standards Review Task Force, NACE, 2018-2019
- Career Coaching: A New Paradigm for Student-Centered Career Services, NACE Journal, May 1, 2018
- Ten things I know about recruiting top talent from colleges, Worcester Business Journal, September 4, 2017 http://www.wbjournal.com/article/20170904/PRINTEDITION/309019993
- Higher Education Advisory Group, Massachusetts Biotechnology Education Foundation (MassBioEd), 2016-2019
Stefan “Steve” Koppi is executive director of the Career Development Center (CDC) where he works with industry partners and internal constituents to set a strategic direction for the office. Under his leadership, the CDC offers expert advice and services to help employers attract top talent and connect with the many resources at WPI. In addition, students and alumni benefit from the CDC’s many connections to industry and excellent career services and co-op programs. He is an expert on career coaching for college students and has published or presented work on the role of career services in higher education, STEM careers for emerging professionals, and trends in talent acquisition.
A member of the career coaching faculty for the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), Koppi participated in one of NACE’s early Career Coaching Intensive programs offered in 2007 and has intentionally practiced this approach with clients and trained staff from colleges and universities across the country.
Previously, he served as director of career services at Mount Holyoke College, Gallaudet University, and American University. His professional experience includes work with students and employers at institutions such as Middlebury College, Johns Hopkins University, and Brown University.
He holds a MA in college student personnel from the University of Maryland College Park and a BA in religion from Catholic University of America.
MA, College Student Personnel, University of Maryland, College Park
BA, Religion, Catholic University of America