Location and Culture:
IQP students will live in Kyoto, the old imperial capital of Japan, considered to be the cultural heart of the country. Kyoto balances is traditional focus with investment into modern technologies, and is now famous for its game and animation studios.
MQP students conduct their projects at either Osaka University or Ritsumeikan University, two of Japan’s leading universities.
Humanities students will travel between three cities during their visit to Japan: Kyoto, Tokyo, and Hiroshima.
Past IQP students at the Japan Project Center have worked on:
- Augmented Reality tourism
- Sustainable farming practices in and around Kyoto
- Urban revitalization
- International education programs
Past Japan MQP students have built:
- A learning game to teach Japanese writing.
- An AR App to explore Kyoto through directional sound with traditional instruments.
- A 4th dimensional VR space using Vive.
Humanities students will take three courses, for WPI credit during their program.