The CWB is a supportive and safe space to gather, relax, reflect, and recharge. The Center offers a beautiful and supportive oasis of calm and peace with community spaces for popping in for a wellness break and cup of tea, quiet spaces for meditation or reflection, and gathering spaces for group programming.
Our services include:
- Coordination of Wellness Days programming with departments and student groups
- Individual consultations and small group programming designed to foster wellness and resilience
- Mental health awareness education and training
- Peer advocacy and support
- Project opportunities (IQP, MQP, graduate work) focused on studying and promoting health and well-being
- Suicide prevention initiatives
- Wellness courses for PE credit
The Student Wellness Card Sort by Balanced Card Sorts
The Student Wellness Card Sort by Balanced Card Sorts is a simple drag-and-drop card sorting activity to help you get clear about your mental health and wellness priorities and needs, connect with needed resources, and make small changes to improve your overall health.
The card sort includes 35 wellness priorities, which students sort and rank based on what they want more of, what they already have enough of and what they currently don't want/need in their day-to-day life. It also includes a Workbook with a series of structured follow up questions to help them:
- reflect upon the meaning and importance of their top wellness priorities
- look for connections and themes across those priorities
- choose one specific priority to start working on
- identify things that might be getting in the way of incorporating that priority into their life
- set a related goal and implement small steps they can take to move toward their goal, building more balance and wellness into their life
WPI is excited to partner with Balanced Cart Sorts to help students think and talk about what they need to take care of themselves, build purposeful and satisfying careers, and take meaningful action toward their career, wellness, and work-life balance goals. To learn more about Balanced Card Sorts go to balancedcardsorts.com.
Looking for a wellness activity for your club or organization? The Peer Well-Being
Ambassadors are available to facilitate an in-person wellness card sort session for your club or organization.
This card sort activity can help you get clear about your mental health and wellness priorities and needs, connect with needed resources, and make small changes to improve your overall health.
Center for Well-Being Spaces
Is your club or organization looking for a space to host a wellness activity? The Center for Well-Being is open from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The Programming Room can be requested in 25 Live (DH 102E). For more information email us at email@example.com.
Book your next meeting in the CWB!
Reiki Sessions Available!
Sign up for a 15-minute Reiki session with certified Reiki master, Catherine Flayhan, as you experience healing in your whole-body by the gentle placement of the practitioner’s hands above or lightly on the receiver's body. Reiki is a healing practice that helps to bring your energetic body into alignment. Humans have two body forms. One is our physical body supported by our spine, bones, organs. We also have an energetic body with a central column that runs along our spine called a Sushumna. This is where the seven main Chakras live as well as the Nadis, which are channels that bring energy out to the rest of our body. Both can become out of alignment. When your energetic body is unaligned you visit a Reiki Practitioner. Open to students, faculty, and staff.