- The WPI events office has developed a COVID Reference Guide for plans and protocols including attendance maximums, physical distancing and face covering-wearing.
- There are opportunities for classes to be held outside on an ad hoc basis. Faculty members can get more details on the Events Office webpage.
- Events should be held outdoors or virtually where possible; any in-person events must follow state capacity guidelines and university event guidelines.
- Events will be limited in keeping with campus, local, state and federal guidelines.
It’s not just the academics that make WPI a special place. Events outside the classroom are an important part of campus life and a student’s overall college experience, offering opportunities to learn more, engage more and build a sense of belonging at WPI. This year we continue to promote and support events in a reimagined way. From outdoor or virtual experiences to small group and socially distanced meetings, we are thinking creatively with a focus on our community needs guided by the health and safety of all.
What You Need to Know Now
- Events will be evaluated and limited according to campus and state guidance. All attendees must adhere to WPI’s strict health and safety protocols. Maximum attendance numbers may change if the state guidelines change.
- If hosting an event on campus, responsibilities include creating and maintaining a registration roster for every event to track attendance, providing approved hand sanitizer (60% or more alcohol content) to guests, and being present at the event to assist with onsite social distancing monitoring. Services may also be restricted or limited. Chartwells must be used for all catering and must approve any external food requests.
- Audio/visual equipment can be arranged through the Academic Technology Center (ATC).
- Events with external guests will require an attestation. The event organizer will be responsible for managing this process for their event and gathering attestation forms from guests.
- High-risk events, which include events with external guests that have food indoors or contact sports, will require a proof of negative test within 72 hours of attending and proof of vaccination prior to the event.
- Only one large external event will be allowed on campus per day. Mission critical events will go through a petition process, with ultimate approval by CERT. Registration/attendance tracking is required for all events. Please keep that on file in case contact tracing is needed
- Please read the COVID Events Guidelines provided by the Events Office for more details on the capacity and use of spaces.
Club Sports and Intramurals
The Department of Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics and Student Activities Office works on a case by case basis with club sport leaders to discuss possible adjustments to meet social distancing and safety practices, where possible. Intramural activities are being offered remotely in the fall. Learn more about Athletics.
Additional adjustments to our operations may be needed based on updated guidance and public health trends. We recommend you check back regularly for the latest updates.