To do prior to arriving on campus:
- As soon as you receive your admission letter, make sure you complete the I-20 Request Form and submit it in your Application Status page with the required financial documentation.
- Upon receipt of your I-20 or DS-2019 form, start the visa application process following the directions included with the I-20/DS-2019 form.
- Submit your official and final transcript to the Graduate Admissions Office. Your previous institution can send the official transcript electronically to (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail to the Office of Graduate Admissions, 100 Institute Road, Worcester MA 01609. Be sure to report your official test scores if you have not done so already! WPI institutional code for reporting official test scores in 3969. For IELTS, please ask the test center to send the official scores to Worcester Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions. If the official and final transcript and official test scores are not received by the start of classes a hold will be placed on your account and you will not be able to start classes.
- Set up your WPI computer account using the PIN you received from the Registrar’s Office. In mid-May you will receive an email with the information on how to set up your WPI account. Once you receive that pin e-mail you will be able to register for classes.
- Make an appointment with a medical provider well before coming to campus to complete the WPI Immunization Form & Tuberculosis Risk Screening Form. These need to be in English or translated and transcribed by a medical professional. Once you receive your WPI email and password and register for courses, you will be able to submit documentation through WPI Health Services Health Portal. You should start submitting your health forms as soon as possible (even if they are incomplete). The final deadline for submission of the required forms is August 1.
Please monitor your WPI email. This is where we will notify you if you are missing required documentation.
- If you have any disabilities and are seeking accommodations, fill out an application with the Office of Accessibility Services.
- Learn more about LGBT+ Support available on campus.
- Participate in one of the webinars offered by the International House for new international graduate students. You will receive an email with times and dates.
- Incoming Graduate Students can contact the Residential Services Office to see if there are any on-campus housing spaces available. There are a very limited amount of openings for incoming students. If interested in off campus housing please visit the following website prior to arriving in Worcester. If you have any questions regarding local Worcester area housing options, please contact the Residential Services Office.