- Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
- GE Healthcare
- The MITRE Corporation
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
PracticePoint: Advancing Healthcare through Cyber-physical Systems
PracticePoint is WPI’s membership-based development and testing facility. The goal of this alliance space is to advance healthcare technologies and launch better medical cyber-physical systems, through collaboration across the spectrum of product development and implementation. PracticePoint is a resource for designing, prototyping, and evaluating various medical devices by an associated consortium of academics, industry, healthcare professionals and users/patients. This includes a wide spectrum of systems, from rehabilitative devices to surgical robotics.
The facility comprises point-of-practice clinical care scenarios including: a fully instrumented living space, a state of the art motion capture lab, a 2-bed modular patient care suite, MRI imaging, and a fully functional operating room co-located with advanced manufacturing capabilities. Our advanced manufacturing rooms include a wide array of 3D printing, CNC manufacturing, and electronics assembly and test capabilities.
Ways to engage:
- Learn about membership and sponsorship opportunities
- Pitch us a research project or collaboration idea
- Consult with our faculty experts
- Use our state-of-the-art facilities
- Request PracticePoint faculty/staff to attend or speak at your next meeting (in-person or virtual)