Promoting to External Communities
Check out the options below for promoting your event to various external communities:
University Calendar and Web Presence
Use the University Calendar! Not only will your event be added to the university calendar on wpi.edu, but it will also be added to all relevant web pages as tagged, included in the WPI Today email and the WPI mobile app. Make sure to set the listing so anyone outside of WPI can view the page.
Sample Essential Information for the Web:
- Name of event, date(s), time
- Target Audience(s)
Optional Information (use only if your event requires this)
- Registration Form (contact email@example.com if you need this support)
- Program (event agenda and descriptions of speakers with bios and topics)
- Travel & Lodging (repurpose the content here )
If you require a more robust web presence, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can request a landing page for a conference, similar to this example (login with WPI credentials required). You will need to submit all the necessary webpage content to CMS Help before the page can be built.
Is your event newsworthy in some way?
Send a note to the PR team at email@example.com about your suggested story idea for consideration. Include your University Calendar listing link in the email and any other information you have. If the team believes there could be media interest in your event, someone will connect with you to talk through any possibilities.
Have a social media channel? Use it to promote your event. Don't have a social media channel or want your information directly on WPI's social media channels? Fill out the social media request form. For additional social media info, click here.
Free listings in local online event calendars
Worcester Chamber of Commerce
- Event calendar: http://business.worcesterchamber.org/events/catgid/6
- Submitting an event: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Worcester Cultural Coalition
- Calendar: https://worcesterculture.org/calendar-of-events/
- Submitting an event (account needed): http://www.socialweb.net/Events/edit.lasso?client=23
Massachusetts Education and Career Opportunities Inc. (MassEdCO)
- Calendar/News & Events: http://www.massedco.org/news-events
- Submitting an event: Email: email@example.com
HECMA (Higher Education Consortium of Central Mass)
- Calendar (Social Web): http://www.socialweb.net/Events/
- Submitting an event (account needed): http://www.socialweb.net/Events/edit.lasso
For larger, external events, paid outside promotion may be necessary. First, take your event budget into consideration. Buying ad space or doing social media campaigns will cost money, as will buying lists, and printing invitations and flyers to mail out.
If you need assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to figure out options that could work within your budget.