REU Participant & New to On-Campus Housing Summer Student Checklist
As WPI has managed the impacts of the pandemic, a number of things have changed on our campus. To help you prepare for a smooth arrival, we’ve mapped out tasks you will need to complete before and after you come to campus.
If you’re not living in on-campus housing, please complete your E-Term intentions form in MyTechFlex and someone from the WPI Health Team will be in touch with you about onboarding.
Move-in day is Tuesday, May 31, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and begins at Faraday Hall, your summer housing building.
Participants who arrive later than this scheduled timeframe due to emergencies or travel issues must make move-in arrangements with their REU program lead.
Move-In Day Maps
Information about Faraday Hall can be found on our website.
Please note: Any questions about your summer housing at WPI should be communicated to your REU program lead.
All REU participants are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19, or have a medical or religious waiver. Please direct any follow up questions to your REU program lead.
Pre-Arrival Testing Requirements
WPI expects all REU participants to test for Covid-19 24 hours before arrival, and plan to not come to WPI if you test positive.
In order to test for Covid-19 at WPI (for symptoms, close contact, etc.), you will need to sign the testing waivers found on MyTechFlex, and ensure you have up-to-date contact information in Workday. Please direct any follow up questions to your REU program lead.
Life on WPI’s Campus
We’re excited to welcome you to campus for the summer! We’ve put together a list of some important non-COVID information to help you acclimate to life on campus, including what to pack and how to obtain a parking permit.
- Check out this packing list of what is and isn’t allowed in WPI residence halls.
- Visit the WPI Police webpage for more information on parking permits.
- Worcester is full of things to do and places to explore; check out what the city we call home has to offer.
- You’ll receive your WPI ID on move-in day.
- REU participants: Watch for an email from the IT service desk on setting up your new WPI email account.
- If you are an REU student, please work with your department administrative assistant to have mail sent directly to your academic department.
Getting Your WPI Email, ID, and Next Steps
You will receive an email to your personal email asking you to set up your WPI email account. The subject of the message will be "Set Up Your WPI Account - Action Required". The email itself should come from the firstname.lastname@example.org address.
Once you have your WPI email, you’ll be able to:
- Submit a request for your WPI ID card, which you’ll receive on move-in day. Instructions for requesting your WPI ID card are as follows:
- Email email@example.com from your WPI email address to submit a ticket request.
- Attach a photo of yourself that meets the parameters outlined on the WPI ID Services website.
- Include that you're participating in an REU in the body of your email request.
- Complete all of these steps by Friday, May 20, 2022 at the latest.