REU Participant & New to On-Campus Housing Summer Student Checklist
Move-in day is Tuesday, May 30, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and begins at East Hall, your summer housing building.
Participants who arrive later than this scheduled timeframe due to emergencies or travel issues must make move-in arrangements with their REU program lead.
Information about East Hall can be found on our website.
Please note: Any questions about your summer housing at WPI should be communicated to your REU program lead.
WPI COVID Information
WPI strongly recommends testing for COVID-19 prior to coming to campus to keep covid numbers low. Test results do not need to be submitted; those who test positive for COVID should self-manage their isolation to keep our community safe and healthy.
Delay coming to campus if:
- you have a fever or other COVID-19-like symptoms.
- you test positive for COVID-19 and are still within the five-day isolation period.
Life on WPI's Campus
We’re excited to welcome you to campus for the summer! We’ve put together a list of some important non-COVID information to help you acclimate to life on campus, including what to pack and how to obtain a parking permit.
- Check out this packing list of what is and isn’t allowed in WPI residence halls.
- Visit the WPI Police webpage for more information on parking permits.
- Worcester is full of things to do and places to explore; check out what the city we call home has to offer.
- You’ll receive your WPI ID on move-in day.
- REU participants: Watch for an email from the IT service desk on setting up your new WPI email account.
- If you are an REU student, please work with your department administrative assistant to have mail sent directly to your academic department.
Getting Your WPI Email, ID, and Next Steps
You will receive an email to your personal email asking you to set up your WPI email account. The subject of the message will be "Set Up Your WPI Account - Action Required". The email itself should come from the email@example.com address.
Once you have your WPI email, you’ll be able to:
- Submit a request for your WPI ID card, which you’ll receive on move-in day. Instructions for requesting your WPI ID card are as follows:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your WPI email address to submit a ticket request.
- Attach a photo of yourself that meets the parameters outlined on the WPI ID Services website.
- Include that you're participating in an REU in the body of your email request.
- Complete all of these steps by Friday, May 19, 2023 at the latest.