A Sampling of Research Focus Areas
|Educational Games||Mobile Graphics|
|Game Design||Motion Capture|
|Information Visualization||Network Games|
|Interactive Media||Virtual Reality|
IMGD faculty members and students enjoy access to state-of- the-art facilities that support research in all aspects of building games and creating art for them, from delving into artificial intelligence to studying sound from the user’s experience.
Our flagship IMGD Lab is a 27-seat teaching/research facility that features Mac and PC workstations equipped with the latest software for building games and creating art. This space is designed so that students can work in a collaborative environment and benefit from synergistic interactive media and game development.
Other IMDG facilities include the following:
- Digital Art Studio suitable for creating and editing digital art and offering ample space and lighting for the traditional arts.
- Interaction lab equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation for human-computer interaction research, including novel input devices, novel display devices, and motion-capture systems.
- User Experience and Decision Making lab where interdisciplinary research teams investigate the user experience using eye-tracking technology as well as traditional methods such as observation.
- Human Subjects Research Lab designed to facilitate research involving human subjects, such as gameplay and focus group evaluation, in a controlled user-study test environment.
- Sound Studio providing a sound-proof space with appropriate digital microphone and noise cancellation technology for recording dialog and sound effects.