WPI Interactive Media & Game Development (IMGD) Undergraduate Admissions Information for Fall'20
Closer Look Video Presentation for Accepted Students with Interest in Interactive Media & Game Development
Thank you for considering IMGD. We have provided a longer version of a talk that we give every year to a live audience to anticipate questions that you might have. We realize that it’s long, and we invite you to listen to the whole presentation that gives an overview of the whole program. We have also provided timestamps below to help you navigate quickly to the sections that are pertinent to you.
- Student presentations with student examples - 2:54
- Overview of IMGD - 10:04
- Technical Game Development (IMGD Tech) - 15:40
- Artistic Game Development (IMGD Art) - 28:04
- Writing and Music concentrations - 46:46
- Employment and Alumni profiles - 57:06
More Exciting Videos from Faculty and Students!
- IMGD Technical Art Concentration, Olivia Bogs, IMGD/CS '21
- Gone Phishing, IMGD student game made during WPI’s 2020 Hackathon
IMGD Projects in the Media
Rendered Reality interviewed IMGD students at PAX East 2020 about their virtual reality game, Shotoku's Defense.
WBUR mentioned Associate Professor of Interactive Media and Game Development and Humanities & Arts Joshua Rosenstock's Fermentophone exhibit at the Harvard Museum of Natural History as one of the 5 Things To Do This Weekend.
Worcester News Tonight interviewed IMGD graduate student, Karen Royer.
In an article by Fast Company, Jennifer deWinter, associate professor of rhetoric and director of IMGD, comments on how, during the history and development of video games, companies targeted white, adolescent teenaged boys as their prime consumer group.
The Telegram & Gazette profiled IMGD Professor Lee Sheldon’s unique approach to teaching in the article. Sheldon runs this class as a game, rather than a traditional lecture.
Brian Moriarty, IMGD professor of practice in game design, is quoted in this The New Yorker article.
- 2018 WPI Post-Graduation Report (See page 32 for IMGD)
- Combined BS/MS Program in IMGD
- WPI Global Project Center Locations and Projects
- Fuller Labs (home of IMGD labs and offices)
- Groundbreaking on New Academic Building (future home of many interdisciplinary programs involving IMGD)
WPI IMGD Related Undergraduate Programs
WPI IMGD Admissions Student Assistants
In addition to many WPI Accepted Students Virtual Options, the following IMGD students have volunteered to answer questions via email or video chat. Please reach out to them with questions.
Faculty in the News
Based on the research of Joshua Rosenstock, associate professor of Interactive Media and Game Development and Humanities & Arts, it turns out that the chemical processes of fermentation can be used to create spontaneous tunes. Rosenstock has built multiple art exhibits called Fermentophone to showcase how fermentation can make music.