At WPI, you’ll conduct advanced research with our renowned faculty members in core research groups supported by agencies like the National Science Foundation, US Department of Education, and US Army, including the following:
By choosing WPI’s MS in Computer Science (CS), you immediately become part of our international reputation for innovative excellence, advancing the ever-growing CS field, and working beside principal investigators in the labs and in collaboration with industry partners. Your work ventures outside of the ordinary at WPI, incorporating core CS competencies with research in areas like artificial intelligence, data mining, learning sciences, game development, mobile computing, and security.
Whether you choose the thesis or non-thesis option, you will emerge as a well-rounded, confident, socially aware, globally focused leader who is ready to solve real-world problems.
No matter what areas of computer science interest you most, you’ll find a supportive infrastructure and encouraging environment at WPI. Meaningful collaboration with other fields is a deeply held value here, and with our interdisciplinary curriculum you’ll be able to forge ahead in diverse areas like medical imaging, systems security, intelligent tutoring, health informatics, and data mining.
You have the flexibility to choose the right blend of courses to suit your interests and career goals, choosing from classes like Advanced Systems Architecture, Multimedia Networking, Artificial Intelligence, and Biovisualization.
A computer security specialization is available for this degree program.
- Applied Logic and Security Group (ALAS)
- Artificial Intelligence Research Group (AIRG)
- Database Systems Research Group (DSRG)
- Human-Robot Interaction (HRI)
- Image Science Research Group (ISRG)
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Research Group (KDDRG)
- Mobile Graphics Research Group (MGRG)
- Performance Evaluation of Distributed Systems (PEDS)
- Software Engineering Research Group (SERG)
- Theory Umbrella Group (THUG)
- Tutor Research Group (TRG)