The Wilmer L. and Margaret M. Kranich Prize honors students majoring in engineering or science who best exemplify excellence in the humanities and arts and the integration of these disciplines into their undergraduate experience. Candidates may be majors in any discipline other than the Humanities and Arts. A double major with one major in the Humanities and Arts is not eligible. Candidates must be students completing their junior or senior year.
The student deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 20, 2019. Applications will be accepted online and include the following materials(PDF Files Only):
- A personal statement written by the student describing the integration of the humanities and arts into his/her undergraduate experiences (PDF only);
- A WPI transcript (PDF only). For directions on how to download your transcript, click here.
- A resume including a list of projects, extracurricular activities, and involvement in the Humanities and Arts (PDF only);
- A faculty letter of support testifying to the nominee’s qualifications. (Additional letters of support from faculty and staff are welcome but not required).
The application process consists of three steps:
- Students meet with faculty members to discuss their application.
- Students prepare their personal statement and resume and download their transcript. For directions on how to download your transcript, click here. Save all files as PDF documents.
- Students submit their materials (personal statement, transcript, and resume) in the online nomination form. When the students have completed submitting these materials, the faculty members supporting the application will be notified by email to submit their letters of support in the online application. All materials must be submitted as PDF documents.
The faculty submission deadline is March 27, 2019. The selection committee will include the Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, plus one additional faculty representative.
Browse Wilmer L. and Margaret M. Kranich Prize awardees
|2019||Kyra Bresnahan||Winner||Undergraduate||Computer Science|
|2018||Jared Grier||Winner||Undergraduate||Mechanical Engineering|
|2018||Jessica Locke||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate||Environmental Engineering|
|2017||Michael Sabbagh||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate|
|2016||Montana Paige Myatt||Winner||Undergraduate||Mechanical Engineering|
|2016||Caitlin Marie Swalec||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate||Chemical Engineering|
|2015||Hannah Brown||Winner||Undergraduate||Mechanical Engineering|
|2014||Giovanna Cutietta Olson||Winner||Undergraduate||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|2013||Cassandra Lynn Stacy||Winner||Undergraduate||Environmental Engineering|
|2013||Jacquelyn Eireann Tupper||Winner||Undergraduate||Environmental Engineering|
|2012||Chelsea Ross||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology|
|2011||Lydia George||Winner||Undergraduate||Biomedical Engineering|
|2011||Nathan Horvath||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate||Aerospace Engineering|
|2010||Linnea M. Palmer Paton||Winner||Undergraduate||Civil & Environmental Engineering, Environmental & Sustainability Studies|
|2010||Jason Gabriel||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate||Mechanical Engineering|
|2010||John Upton||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|2009||Krista L. Dietz||Winner||Undergraduate||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|2009||Joseph A. Krasinskas||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|2008||Alexandra M. Sanseverino||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology, Humanities & Arts|
|2008||Casey M. Raasumaa||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|2008||Daniel J. Smaltz||Honorable Mention||Undergraduate||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|2007||Genevieve A. Desaulniers||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology|
|2007||Lori A. Ferris||Winner||Undergraduate||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|2006||Amanda E. Lewis||Winner||Undergraduate||Chemical Engineering|
|2005||Katrina Hildebrand||Winner||Undergraduate||Professional Writing|
|2004||Amanda A. Roberts||Winner||Undergraduate||Civil & Environmental Engineering|
|2004||Sarah E. Walsh||Winner||Undergraduate||Biomedical Engineering|
|2003||Sarah A. Linderme||Winner||Undergraduate||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|2002||Frances Maria Saccoccio||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology|
|2001||Karen C. Kosinski||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology|
|2000||Paul J. Kaplo||Winner||Undergraduate||Mechanical Engineering|
|1999||Anna Matzal||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology|
|1998||Man Ching Cheung||Winner||Undergraduate||Chemistry & Biochemistry|
|1997||Jeffrey R. Tenney||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology|
|1996||Noah L. Weisleder||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology|
|1995||David S. Ricketts||Winner||Undergraduate||Electrical & Computer Engineering|
|1995||Greta H. Boynton||Winner||Undergraduate||Biology & Biotechnology|