IMGD Admissions Information
At WPI, we offer two IMGD degrees for undergraduates: IMGD Technology (Bachelor of Science) and IMGD Art (Bachelor of Arts). However, under these degrees you have the flexibility to pursue the topics in IMGD that interest you the most! For our art degree, we even offer concentrations in…
What will you learn under each discipline? Explore the dropdown below to see what topics we teach!
- Engine Architecture
- Procedurally-Generated Content
- Game AI
- Virtual & Augmented Reality
- Data Analytics & Visualization
2D Art & Animation:
- Digital Painting
- Graphic Design
- Concept Illustration & Storyboarding
- Traditional & Digital Animation
- Studio Techniques & Practices
3D Art & Animation:
- Digital Sculpting
- Texturing & Mapping
- Mesh Optimization
- Motion Capture
- Pipeline Management
Leonard P. Kinnicutt Assistant Professor
- Tabletop & Digital Prototyping
- Game Engine Scripting
- Iterative Playtesting
- Instrumentation & Metrics
- Nonlinear & Interactive Narratives
- Character Development
- Alternate Reality Games (ARGs)
- Escape Rooms
- Traditional & Digital Music Recording
- Sound Effects & Foley
- Robotic and Live-Coding Performance
- History & Future Trends
Interested in double majoring with IMGD? At WPI, you have the flexibility to get two degrees in just four years! One of our most common combos is IMGD Tech and Computer Science. Check out these other IMGD-related undergraduate programs that WPI offers, and see if a double major is right for you!
WPI IMGD Admissions Student Assistants
In addition to many WPI Accepted Students Virtual Options, the following IMGD students have volunteered to answer questions via email or video chat. Please reach out to them with questions.
Ready to Apply?
See WPI’s application instructions for first year students and send in your application—jumpstart your career in IMGD today!