Chair's Exemplary Faculty Prize
This prize, in the amount of $10,000, recognizes WPI faculty members who excel in all relevant areas of faculty performance, including teaching, research and scholarship, and advising. The tradition of awarding the prize was established in 2007 through the personal philanthropy of Donald K. Peterson '71, then chairman of the WPI Board of Trustees; it was continued by current board chairman Philip B. Ryan ’65.
Demonstrated excellence in all areas of faculty performance relevant to the particular nominee.
Tenured and tenure-track faculty at WPI. Previous recipients are not eligible.
Individuals must be nominated by department heads (no more than one nomination per department) or by the Provost. Nominations, which are to be submitted to the Provost, should consist of:
- a letter of nomination of no more than three pages in length, together with
- a current curriculum vitae,
- the three most recent annual reports, and
- at least three external letters of support.
- Additional letters of support, a citation index for publications where appropriate, recent summaries of student teaching evaluations and other relevant supporting material may accompany the nomination so as to define the high quality of faculty performance at WPI.
Please submit nominations (electronic versions preferred) to Deb Graves (email@example.com) in the Provost’s Office.