For most students, the IQP is more than a year in the making. Beginning with the Global Fair at the start of your sophomore year and continuing with project center-specific orientations and required courses leading up to your departure, it's all part of WPI's commitment to preparing you for the adventure ahead. Follow the story of 24 of your peers on their IQP journey in Tirana, Albania.
All off-campus opportunities are supported by the IGSD through the Global Projects Program. Resources for off-campus opportunities can be found below.
Through eProjects you can access off-campus project opportunities, review program costs, start an application for a project, and more. This is also a valuable resource during the pre-departure preparation period.
- Humanities and Arts Requirement: HUA students immerse themselves in the art, culture, and writings of a particular city/country
- Interactive Qualifying Project: IQP students work with local organizations to tackle real-life problems and challenges where science and technology meet social issues and human needs
- Major Qualifying Project: MQP students pursue technical projects in their major course of study, frequently in partnership with industry leaders and other universities
- Exchange Programs: Students gain a better feel for the local culture by residing with the students from the host institution and by taking advantage of additional travel during their stay.
- Individually Sponsored Residential Project (ISRP): Residential off-campus faculty-led programs or student organizations and athletic teams who are traveling internationally and require the support of IGSD.