WPI has many resources, events, services, and offices that help parents navigate WPI to find the information they need. We offer programs designed to help your student succeed, both academically and in their out-of-class life. Share these resources with your student if they need some guidance.
Who do I talk to if I have questions about...
- Financial aid/satisfactory academic progress: Reach out to the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-831-5469.
- Whether or not my student is in good academic standing: Get in touch with the Registrar at email@example.com or 508-831-5211.
- Leaves of absence: The Registrar is here to help—reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-831-5211.
- Billing statements: Reach out to the Bursar's Office at email@example.com or 508-831-5203.
- Housing: The Housing & Residential Experience Center can answer any housing-related questions you have; reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-831-5645.
- Expected cost of attendance: Send an email over to the Bursar's Office at email@example.com or give them a call at 508-831-5203.
- Anything else: The Dean of Students Office has got you covered. Send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at 508-831-5201.
If your student is looking for more specific support systems on campus, direct them to the Student Resources & Support page. It's full of links to resources across campus focused on everything from mental health and well-being to career development and teamwork support.
Parents and families can access student grades in Workday. If you have other questions, ask your student directly. The Office of Academic Advising can discuss limited issues with parents according to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), but we will do our best to address your concerns.
Exploring the Course Registration Process
There are several resources on campus to help your student navigate the course registration process, which takes place in Workday. If you're curious to see what the experience entails, check out the Course Registration page. Be sure to remind your student that an in-depth walkthrough of the process is also available for them in Workday!
Gompei's Guide: A New Resource for Students, by Students
Does your student have questions about life at WPI? Are they looking for a list of resources, tips for success, or some of the best study locations on campus? Gompei's Guide has got all that and more, and it's written by those who know the ins and outs of student life best: students themselves. All first-year students will receive a hard copy, and other students may pick one up at the information desk in the Campus Center. Check out the digital version and pass it on to your student too!
Don't Miss New Student Orientation
In addition to helping your son or daughter with their arrival to campus, our New Student Orientation program has parents and friends sessions, too. Learn about all your child will do and your role as the parent of a college student at WPI.